Visiting Angels Awarded "Best of Homecare" 7 years in a row!!!
Join our Team
Visiting Angels Senior Homecare is looking for positive, caring
individuals to join our in-home care agency. Our goal is to enrich the lives of seniors by helping them to live safely and comfortably in their own home. We're very proud of the fact that
Visiting Angels recently won the Leader in Excellence award, the Best of Homecare award and the Employer of Choice award. In addition, we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Join a
team who takes care of their people and is just as committed to improving the quality of life of our seniors as you are!
We offer competitive wages...and just as importantly, an excellent team environment (everyone wants and deserves to be valued and appreciated for their talents & contributions).
If you have a desire to work in a personally rewarding career with flexible hours and a supportive team-oriented culture, please call us at (541) 928-2061 or (503) 375-2061 for more information, or stop by our office at 250 Broadalbin St. SW, STE 250, Albany, OR 97321.
You can also visit us on the web at www.VisitingAngelsAlbany.com.
Here is our Job Description for a Visiting Angels Caregiver (followed by a link to apply online). To be considered for employment, we ask that you please meet our minimum requirements:
Caregiver Job Summary:
Visiting Angels of Willamette Valley is committed to hiring qualified and compassionate Caregivers who will competently provide in home care services for seniors.
Visiting Angels’ services allow our Care Recipients to remain safe and comfortable in their homes.
At times services may be provided in residential facilities.
Visiting Angels Caregiving Services include:
Assistance with Activities of Daily Living
Bathing, personal hygiene care, toileting and mobility/transfer assistance
Meal preparation, laundry and light housekeeping
Shopping, transportation for errands/appointments, accompanying care recipients to enrichment activities, reminders and providing meaningful companionship
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Valid Oregon Driver’s License * Reliable transportation * Current verifiable auto insurance
· Acceptable criminal background screening results (per local, state and federal requirements)
· Ability to provide both professional and personal (non-relative) references
· Ability to meet physical requirements safely and effectively as outlined
· Ability to perform essential functions of the Caregiver job description as outlined
· Ability to speak, read and write English fluently
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds safely
· Possess adequate vision and hearing to perform essential job functions of the job and to ensure the safety of the Care Recipient
· Ability to safely move frequently throughout your shift, including but not limited to; Standing for extended periods, walking without difficulty, sitting, carrying, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, reaching and kneeling
· Ability to work safely using proper body mechanics
· Commitment to know and use Universal Precautions
Abilities and Expectations:
· Ability to adhere to all Visiting Angels policies and procedures
· Maintains professional manner and follows appropriate dress code
· Maintains confidentiality of all information regarding Care Recipients and their Family’s at all times
· Consistently reports to work on time; prepared to perform all duties and completes all assigned work as requested
· Communicates work schedule availability with Case Manager/Schedule Coordinator routinely and as requested
· Ability to use good judgment in emotional or emergency situations
· Attends all required company-wide meetings, in-services, events and required trainings
· Strives to attend/complete any opportunity for continuing education in the field of providing care to the Elderly
Essential Functions of the Job:
Visiting Angels Caregivers are expected to perform all skills, services and procedures competently, with or without reasonable accommodation and in accordance to State of Oregon Rules & Regulations and License Laws; Visiting Angels of Willamette Valley Company Policies and any other applicable local, State and Federal Laws.
· Assists Care Recipients in all Activities of Daily Living; including personal hygiene, bathing assistance, toileting, dressing and personal grooming
· Prepares nutritious meals consistent with the Care Recipient’s dietary requirements
· Assists Care Recipients with transfers, ambulation, mobility and movement
· Performs light housekeeping duties, such as linen changes, laundry, dishes and general upkeep
· Provides other in-home care services; such as assisting with errands, shopping, companionship and other approved services
· Answers Care Recipients calls and attends to their requests promptly
· Carefully follows all Service Plans and completes Daily Journal Notes accurately and timely
· Meets the safety needs of Care Recipients, uses all equipment safely/properly and recognizes any potential safety hazards in the home
· Notifies Case Manager of any acute or pertinent changes in Care Recipient needs, health or function
· Visiting Angels Caregivers may provide medication administration under the direction and supervision of the RN.
If you would like to complete an online application, please click on this link and we will contact you after reviewing it: http://va121.ersp.biz/employment